This piece about the Honeywell training event was written by Shandish and Josh, both 15 years of age, who are here doing work experience at Loadtec Engineered Systems Head Office in Kent. They interviewed the staff involved in the training and had to understand industrial technical processes while writing this piece.
Honeywell Training Event
Three members of the Loadtec team – Sales Engineers Rob Keeler and Alex Bolden, together with Project Engineer Nick Wood – attended the Honeywell training event in Chesterfield, UK. Honeywell is a company that deals with both domestic and industrial electrical and control equipment/software.
They learnt how fuels are blended and supplemented with additives. Honeywell has a product called the MSC-L which is a multi-stream load controller that manages how the fuel is blended and how much of each additive is combined with the product when put into tankers from fuel storage tanks at the terminal. The MSC-L meters and records all transactions associated with the loading process to MID specifications.
The MSC-L is unique due to its easy-to-use buttons and features and compatibility with safety devices including overfill prevention devices and earthing monitors. It has the ability to load different products through different channels simultaneously; it saves and shares how much of the product is inserted into the tanker and the concentration of its blend with the terminal’s automation system.
The event was a showcase of the product and its capabilities with the Loadtec team being shown how it works in a live demo situation with an explanation on the loading, additive injection and blending processes and where the MSC-L would be beneficial. The MSC-L has many optional adaptations that can be integrated to suit the specific needs of the end user.
- Fuel delivered to a fuel storage terminal usually by pipeline/sea/river
- Fuel tanker driver collects product from terminal
- The product must be metered whilst being loaded into the tanker and may require additive injection and blending
- Additives or blending chemicals may be added to meet local legislation and/or client requirements
- The MSC-L allows the driver to complete the loading and record volumes. The simple easy-to-use large buttons allow the driver to easily operate the MSC-L while wearing personal protective equipment